Create a Wedding Invitation Website (Very Cheap)
This is a very cheap method for sending out wedding invitations, but it’s equally effective and it’s good for the environment because it does not waste any paper. Some options for creating a wedding invitation website include:
- Buy a domain name and design the website or have a relative or friend that has a good IT-knowledge do this. Make sure people need to log in before they can actually see the webpage because otherwise the whole World Wide Web knows the wedding date and venue.
- Couples can also start a closed group on Facebook and invite people they want to come to the wedding to join. Only members of this group can view their pages. Nice about a Facebook page is that it allows people to post comments, photographs and videos.
- If the couple doesn’t mind strangers knowing about their wedding, they can also opt for creating a free wedding page via sites like Wordpress or Blogger.
Print Cheap Wedding Invitations That Still Look Fancy (Cheap)
Those who are looking for beautiful and affordable wedding invitations, can print them themselves instead of having a company do this for them. This will save couples a lot of money. Buy nice cheap paper for the invitations and then design the invitation using beautiful fonts and images. Couples can also choose to include a black and white picture of themselves. No one will know that these invitations were inexpensive wedding invitations!
Print the invitations at home and put them in blank envelopes. Want to save on ink or address labels? Write the addresses instead of printing them! Just make sure that the handwriting is readable and visually attractive.
Drop Some Of the Wedding Invitation Extras (Rather Cheap)
Whether couples make and print their own wedding invitations or they have a company print them, they can still save money. Below are some tips for affordable wedding invitations.
- Don’t include an RSVP card with an envelope, but include a telephone number and/or emailaddress instead. In this day and age, where almost everyone has access to the internet and mobile phones, it’s perfectly acceptable to drop this card.
- Another money saver is: keep it simple. Wedding invitations that are multi-layered, contain colour pictures or are printed on very thick paper can cost a lot of money. Not only is it more expensive to print these, but they will need more stamps than standardized versions. After all, the more the wedding invitations weigh, the more they will cost.
- There is really no need for a save-the-date card. Consider skipping the card, especially when a lot of your invitees live in your hometown and when the wedding does not take place during a peak holiday time like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Save Money To Spend Elsewhere
Cheap wedding invitations don’t have to look cheap. Personalize them and no one will know that they weren’t that expensive! Saving money on wedding invitations means more money to spend on other parts of the wedding or the honeymoon. Or put the extra money on a bank account and do something with it later on.
Cheap Wedding Invitations at Invitesweddings